Eye Care Specialists' physicians and staff are committed to providing the highest standards of professional and personal attention to patients across southeastern Wisconsin. We strive to ensure that all of our patients see life to the fullest. We are proud to have a team of physicians with respected credentials in all areas of ophthalmology. Their exceptional training, affiliations, achievements and expertise are summarized below. For more information about a specific physician, please go to the "Our Practice: Profiles" section of this website.
Physicians on Staff
Norman Cohen, MD
Robert Sucher, MD
Mark Freedman, MD
Brett Rhode, MD
Daniel Ferguson, MD
Daniel Paskowitz, MD, PhD
David Scheidt, OD
Professional Memberships (past and current)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American College of Eye Surgeons
- American Diabetes Association
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- Aurora Health Network—Eye Care Planning & Diabetes Care Committees
- Milwaukee County Medical Society—Needs of the Aging Committee
- Milwaukee Ophthalmological Society
- Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society
- Research to Prevent Blindness Inc.—Medical Advisory Committee
- Society of Geriatric Ophthalmology
- Wisconsin State Medical Society
- Wisconsin State Ophthalmological Society
- Provide comprehensive medical, surgical and laser coverage of virtually every ophthalmologic condition, including cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, pediatric-related concerns, corneal transplants, dry eyes, retinal tears and ocular infections.
- Leaders in laser and refractive surgery to reduce the need for glasses or contacts. Selected to serve as U.S. Investigators in FDA-related studies on the safety and effectiveness of laser vision correction.
- Respected pioneers in cataract surgery. First eye surgeons in Wisconsin to perform phacoemulsification (ultrasonic) cataract removal and to implant foldable artificial lenses. Leaders in "no-stitch" and "no-injection" techniques to enhance patient comfort and recovery.
- One of the first practices in Wisconsin to utilize OCT laser scanning technology to detect glaucoma and retinal disorders prior to vision loss.
- Featured information source for broadcast and print media health reports, including local and national public television programs on cataract surgery and laser nearsightedness treatment.
- Authors of surgery technique and other articles for professional publications, including Ophthalmology Times, The American Journal of Ophthalmology and Ocular Surgery News.
- Lecturers for public and professional organizations.
- Provide free community service eye screenings for church, civic and older adult organizations throughout Milwaukee and southeastern Wisconsin.
- One of the only practices in the country to publish and distribute more than one million free educational eye care booklets, newsletters and handouts.
- Featured columnists for older adult and community newspapers.
- Recognized and respected for conducting one of the largest continuing education programs in the U.S. for optometrists. Also conduct seminars/in-services and publish informational updates for primary care physicians and nursing staffs.
- Selected and trained as a regional educational source for fellow physicians about Restasis™ dry eye disease therapy.
- Provide one-on-one operating room instruction to doctors from across the U.S.
- Named among "TOP DOCTORS" by Milwaukee Magazine
Hospital and Medical Organization Affiliations
Eye Care Specialists' physicians are members of numerous HMOs, IPAs and PPOs in the Milwaukee metropolitan area and have surgical privileges at the following institutions:
- Eye Surgery & Laser Center of Wisconsin
- Aurora Sinai Medical Center
- Aurora West Allis Medical Center
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Surgery Center of Greater Milwaukee
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare — Elmbrook Memorial
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare — St. Joseph
Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
Sub-Specialty: American Board of Eye Surgery (Cataract/Implant Surgery)
Mini-Fellowship: Lamellar Refractive Surgery & C-LASIK
Certification: Laser Thermal Keratoplasty (LTK)