Comprehensive, All-Inclusive Fee
Eye Care Specialists provides Bausch & Lomb Zyoptix™ Personalized Laser Vision Correction. The LASIK procedure is priced at $1,900 per eye or $3,800 total and includes the following:
- A Pre-Operative Assessment
including a full eye health evaluation, pre-surgical exam, patient education, informed consent and counseling.
- Orbscan IIz Corneal Topography:
to measure, evaluate and map corneal elevations, curvature and thickness. Zywave Diagnostic Testing to measure and treat "higher order" visual aberrations.
- The Zyoptix™ procedure:
including $250 per eye royalty fees to the laser manufacturer for use of Zylink Custom Ablation Surgical software and the T217z Scanning Laser and all immediate surgical and post-op medications.
- All post-op care and examinations:
for a period of one year after the last surgical procedure.
- Any necessary enhancement procedures:
for a period of three years from the initial surgery date.
Payment Options (due in full by the day of surgery)
- Cash, Check or Money Order
- Visa® or MasterCard®
- Financing Plan: A "3-Month/Same as Cash" plan or a fixed interest rate with terms for 2-5 years and payments as low as $85 per month.
- Insurance: Check with your carrier (most insurance firms and HMOs regard LASIK as cosmetic and elective). If LASIK is covered, we will provide pre-authorization letters and handle billing the insurance carrier.
- Personal Financial Arrangements: Made on your own through a lender (subject to credit approval).
- Flex-Spending Plans: Many employer health plans include flexible spending accounts for reimbursement of eligible health care expenses. Depending on your income, tax bracket, & maximum allowable amount, you could save up to $960 on LASIK. Check with your employer to see if this benefit is available to you.
- Family and Group Discounts: We extend special savings to family members and to groups of four or more unrelated people who have surgery within a nine-month period. Call our office for details.
- Corporate Discounts: Our practice works with numerous companies to make laser vision correction an affordable benefit for employees—at no cost to their employer. Ask your employer or contact our office for more information about this substantial savings opportunity.
Patients referred by an optometrist who will be co-managing care will pay the same total fee as shown above.
However, two separate payments must be made—one to the optometrist (by check or money order) and one to Eye Care Specialists (by cash, check, money order, credit card or financing plan). We will provide a breakdown.
We take a conservative surgical approach to try to avoid over- or under-correcting vision. As such, about 10-15% of patients require a secondary "enhancement" procedure to fine-tune their results. This typically applies to people whose vision/prescription is worse/higher than average. There is no charge for an enhancement if it is performed within 3 years of the original surgery (the vast majority are done within 3-6 months). After three years, there is a charge. The cost of the eye exam to determine the specifications for an enhancement will be deducted from the surgery fee.
For more information or a free consultation/screening . . .
Since 1985, Eye Care Specialists has provided comprehensive medical, surgical and laser care for virtually every eye condition to more than 121,000 people in Milwaukee and southeastern Wisconsin. If you would like a detailed informational packet and/or to schedule a free consultation/screening for laser vision correction, please contact our Laser Vision Correction Hotline at 414-321-EYES (3937).